Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Delights of the Deli.

As I've mentioned before, I like deli food.  Unfortunately, as far as I know, we do not have any of those wonderful delis like you see in the movies or on TV or read about in books.  The delis I frequent are in my local grocery stores.  Each one of the three, that I go to, has at least one item that I crave.  I'm not sure if it would be a good or bad thing if one of those stores had all of the items.  Of course each of these items is incredibly healthy and nutritious.  Okay, I'm lying.  I have a feeling if they were healthy and nutritious I probably wouldn't crave them.
So I'm sure by now, you're just dying to know where I go and what I get there. Well, I can pretend you're interested anyways.

The Safeway deli has pretty good Chinese food.  Not quite the quality of my fave restaurants but good if I need a quick fix of General Tso's chicken or potstickers.  This deli also has my favorite olive mix.  It's Greek olives and green olives mixed with chunks of feta cheese.  Yum!

The next deli on my craving list is at Albertson's.  Albertson's fried chicken is the best!  I'd take it over KFC any day!  I like to stop by there, on my way home from work, and pick up their 8 piece mixed meal that comes with the chicken and a pound of your choice of salads or jojo's and a 4 pack of rolls.  It's a good, inexpensive meal.  Definitely, finger lickin', artery clogging, good!

The last items, I get a hankering for, are from the Fred Meyer deli.  I love their seafood/shrimp salad.  They also have great sandwiches and an olive bar as well.  Their spicy olives are delicious!  My daughter can not get enough of their macaroni and cheese salad.  You should see her face when we go there and they don't have it.  Talk about a frown, like the one she'll have when she reads this. hehe

So, there you have it!  One of the reasons I'm overweight and several of the things I crave when I try to lose weight.  Just what you always wanted to know. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment