Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Love Mysteries!

I've always loved mysteries.  It started when I was young and read mystery books like the Nancy Drew series or the Trixie Belden mystery books.  Those stories would really pull me in until I would finish the book.  Sometimes a book a day.  Come to think of it, I think that's when I started putting on weight.  All that sitting around reading!

In my teen years I started watching the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mystery TV shows.  Rockford Files and Magnum P.I. were other favorites along with many others that I've long forgotten.

I still love a good mystery show, movie or book.  I have favorite authors that I have to grab their books the moment they are available.
Authors like:
J.A. Jance.  I started with the J.P. Beaumont series, since it was set in Seattle, but also love her Joanna Brady and Ali Reynolds series that are based in Arizona.
Jonathon Kellerman and his Alex Delaware series.
Rita Kellerman and her Peter Decker series.
Janet Evanovich and her Stephanie Plum series.
And what mystery author list is complete without James Patterson?  That guy cranks out books by the dozen!  Love his Alex Cross books.  I also read a lot of his other mystery series books.

I used to read Patricia Cornwell, but her books got thicker and thicker and the personal relationships between the main characters got kind of weird, so I stopped reading her books.  They need to hold my attention.  Make me want to read just one more page, chapter and so on, until I'm done.  Her books became a chore, in my opinion.  Life is too short to read a tedious book.  There are so many more out there just waiting to be read!

If you read my post about my favorite TV shows you'll notice that most of those are mysteries as well.  Whether it's true crime mysteries or fiction, I love them all.

The problem is, with the fiction mystery shows and sometimes the true crime ones, I've seen so many of them that I can figure out "who done it", before the ending.  Sometimes this spoils it for anyone who might be watching the show with me, because I like to share my observations with anyone that's in the room.  My dogs don't really mind, but the humans usually do.  Of course, I'm wrong on occasion and then we are all pleasantly surprised. :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment