Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I Love My TV Shows!

I feel excitement in the air, as our favorite TV shows get ready to start up anew.  All of those cliffhangers will soon be resolved!  Of course, after I've waited for several months, I tend to forget what those cliffhangers even are.  
It used to be that our shows would end in June and then restart in early September.  There were no interesting summer series to watch.  You would take a nice break over the summer and watch one of those shows like America's Got Talent or something else boring like that when you had nothing else to do. 
Now they've introduced all of those series that are only on in the summer, like Perception and Longmire.  Unfortunately Longmire had an end of summer cliffhanger and I have to wait until next June for that to come back!!! 
 Another show I would watch in the summer, that I loved was The Closer.  But The Closer, closed and spawned a spin off called Major Crimes.  Now I love the characters in Major Crimes that were from the original show, but I really can not stand Captain Raydor's character.  She is about as interesting as a limp noodle...well actually I find a limp noodle more interesting.  Now, I've never seen any other shows that Mary McDonnell is in but I have a feeling that she's probably just as interesting in those too.  Another story line in the show I don't like is that boy Rusty!  I'm just tired of it.  I'm almost hoping that serial killer, or whomever is stalking him, will come and take him away, far, far away!  Now with those two characters gone I would really, really love the show.  Unfortunately, I don't write for them, so I'm sure they will remain on the show and I will have to decide whether I want to keep watching or not but I have until next summer to determine that.
As you may have guessed, from the shows I've listed, I like crime solving shows and have since I was a kid. My favorites now are Bones, which restarted last Monday!  Yay!  The Mentalist, (yum Simon Baker!)
NCIS (Mark Harmon is my older guy crush  *sigh*)  Criminal Minds, Rizzoli and Isles and Hawaii 5-0.  You can add to that all of the real life investigative, crime solving shows I like to watch like Dateline, 48 hours, 20/20 and pretty much anything on the Investigation Discovery channel.  Don't you just love those titles on the I.D. channel like "Evil Twins", "I Killed My Best Friend", "Evil Kin",  "Wicked Attraction" and so on.  No, I don't watch all of those  shows on I.D. Just a select few.
Now after you see the list of blood and gore I watch, you probably think I like the Walking Dead show, but no thanks!  I've seen that once or twice, with my daughter, who absolutely loves it and it gave me nightmares!  I do not enjoy seeing people lop off the heads of zombies.  *shudder*
Now I do like to laugh, so one of my favorite shows is Modern Family.  That show does make me laugh! Too funny! Great characters, although Clare is a pain.   I'll be looking forward to the start of that show next week.
A few shows I like that are just on whenever are: 
Ghosthunters!  Love this show and have watched it since it started several years back.  Ghosts fascinate me but I don't know if I ever really want to see one, in person.  I would probably pee myself.  Not a good thing!
 Amazing Race!  I have only missed one season of that show, since it started.  I truly love to watch it.  They travel to such fantastic places.
Dr. Pol a great veterinarian show.
Cake Boss, although that family is a little loud but I so want to find out what happens with Mama who was diagnosed with ALS.  It breaks your heart.  Poor Mama!  
The other show is on MTV and it's called Catfish.  It's about people that meet online and have an online relationship, even sometimes becoming engaged but have never met and for some reason or another one of the two doesn't want to meet.  Usually it's because they are not whom they claim to be.  I always find it amazing  that the one person doesn't think it's odd that the other person never wants to get together in real life if they're really in love.  Some of these poor souls even send money to the other person!  I guess they're just so desperately looking for love that they will believe anything.  It's really kind of heartbreaking.

Now for the guilty pleasure shows, that I watch.  I'm not proud of it, but they are entertaining as only a scripted, reality show can be.  The first one is Kendra on Top.  After watching the first episode of this season, I'm not sure if I'll continue much longer, because it's always the same old story.  She parties too hard, swears too much and doesn't want another baby yet because it might ruin her career.  Actually it's her adorable son and handsome husband that make the show interesting.

My 2nd guilty pleasure show is Sister Wives.  I like this show because it's interesting to see how this polygamist family works.  Sadly, it is also seems to be in a rut.  Money problems: well I would have money problems too if I was paying for four big, beautiful, brand new houses and starting multiple businesses and feeding 17 children.  Everyone picks on us:  Well it was their choice to come out as a polygamist family on TV.  They say it was to show the world that not all polygamists are like the Warren Jeffs family.  I really think their decision was based on "Let's make a TV show, so we can get more money to take care of our large family and so the husband/father Cody, doesn't have to work, except on his hair."  

Well I think that rounds up all of my favorite shows, although I'm sure I've missed a few and will think of them later on.  Thank God for DVR's because I would be sunk without ours, since so many shows are on at once.  I just record them all and watch them at my leisure, which is frequently because I'm all about leisure.

Happy Television Watching!  Feel free to comment.  We can have some TV discussions. :o)



1 comment:

  1. Mary McDonnell is in Dances with Wolves. Her hair should have its own credit in that movie.

    Catfish is one of my favorites right now, because it always makes me nervous and gives me a case of second-hand embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete