Thursday, September 12, 2013

My shopping addiction!

Over the last year, I have acquired a new addiction.  QVC!  I used to watch it about 20 years or so ago and found out that those hosts could talk you into most anything.  I ended up with a few pieces of very nice, but not expensive jewelry.  The trouble is, I don't really wear much jewelry.  I decided my hard earned dollars needed to go elsewhere and so I gave up watching QVC.  Fast forward to last fall.  I just happened to be flipping through the channels and low and behold there on QVC was the portable heater I had been admiring that my Mom had.  Better yet, it was Today's Special Value (TSV)!   Since that fateful day I have bought many more items.  I'm not interested in the jewelry, so I can easily pass up those shows.  I like watching the clothing, but because of my super sized body I don't really think most of the items would fit.  I did happen to buy a couple pairs of Quacker Factory dream jeans and they do fit, but they'd fit much better if I lost about 20 pounds.  When I first tried them on and showed them to my daughter, she assured me that they looked good and made my butt look smaller.  A couple days later, when I showed her again before we went out shopping, she looked at me and shook her head.  I looked at her and said "what???"  She said she was sorry but she hadn't been wearing her glasses when she looked before.  *rolls eyes*
My downfall, when it comes to QVC, is kitchen gadgets and bakeware.  My cupboards are now overflowing with beautiful Temp-tations bakeware.  I have the Kitchen Aid stand mixer I've always dreamed of.  The George Foreman grill, with removable grill plates adorns my counter, because my small kitchen has no place to store it and the Ninja 3-in-1 cooker is on the way, as I speak.  Speaking of Ninja, their little Ninja storm mixer works great at whipping up those smoothies. Also a TSV.
I've also, thanks to my sister-in-law, become a fan of Philosophy body washes and just recently purchased my first WEN hair care products.
Oh and bought my first pair of shoes online, Clarks and they weren't even TSV, but they are very comfortable!
My husband, gem that he is, has not complained about all of the empty QVC boxes piling up around the house, after all they were TSV!  He has also enjoyed the Kansas City steaks and burgers and Cheryl's cookies.
I know that sometime, in the not too distant future, I will be retiring (I hope) and then the days of QVC shopping will come to an end because my income will be limited.  So I had better stock up on all of those wonderful TSVs now while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment