Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Power of Scents.

I'm not much of a perfume person for a few reasons.  First of all my husband doesn't really like perfumes, so it's better I don't wear them.  I also work in a scent free environment, so that's another good reason to not wear perfume.  Lastly, over the years, I've grown sensitive to a lot of perfumes.  I'd rather not wear something that's going to make me sneeze or my nose run.

This doesn't mean that I'm against scented products.  I love fruit or soft floral scented shower gels, candles, lotions or air fresheners.  The smell of fruit scented body washes perk me up in the morning.  Nothing like a little blackberry or lime body wash to get me invigorated.  Just breathing in those scents makes me feel a little more awake.

My favorite cucumber melon hand lotion not only keeps my hands soft, it helps calm me while I'm rubbing it in at work and that's a very good thing!

My fruit or other food scented plug in air fresheners or candles, make me stop and breathe in and say "awww".  It's somehow soothing to smell fresh baked pumpkin pie or peach sorbet. 

I wash my hands with scented soaps like apple, plum or coconut.  The house not only smells nice but my hands do too.  I look forward to one bottle emptying so I can open the next bottle and see what that scent smells like.

It amazes me how the right scent can stop you in your tracks, for a few seconds at least, and make you clear your mind of everything except how good it smells.  Maybe it has something to do with the food scents, since I do love to eat or maybe it's just because it's something familiar and that makes me feel good.




2 comments:

  1. They offer scented massages at Massage Envy, I but that would be even more relaxing...but they charge extra. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be worth it to try once.

    ReplyDelete