Friday, October 4, 2013

End of Vacation Funk.

Most of us know what it's like to feel that dread when our vacation/staycation is coming to an end and it's time to get back to work.  I find it's getting worse as I get older.  The funk used to start about the last 2 days of my time off.  Now sometimes it starts that last week or even earlier!

It's not that I don't like my job.  I'm just tired of it.  I've been working the same job for over 34 years.  I do work with a great bunch of people that I actually miss when I'm away from work. Thank God for facebook, so I can keep up on all of the happenings!

I'm tired of getting up to an alarm and trudging in through pouring rain, ice, snow, sun and so on.  No I don't deliver mail. lol  I'm tired of having to leave 30 minutes earlier than usual so I can find a decent parking space!  I'm tired of the tedious tasks and some of the things I deal with on a daily basis.  I'm tired of feeling stressed on those crazy days.

This is why I take a quarterly vacation.  One very nice thing about working there for so long is I do build up vacation hours quickly and believe me I use them quickly too!
 I also work for a place that helps others.  That is a true benefit.  We get to see how our jobs make a difference in someone's life.
 Like I said, I like my coworkers.  They make me laugh, even on the worst of days.  They always have my back and I theirs.

I know I should be grateful that I have a good job in this day and age.  I should be happy that I get the vacation time I do.  I should be happy and I am, that I work with such great people.   But is it wrong to want my vacation to last forever?  Is it wrong to not want to do anything on my last day of vacation so maybe the hours will go very slowly?  Is it wrong to hope I win the lotto so I can afford to vacation forever?

I guess I'll stop whining now and just go back to work grudgingly.  I'll continue to daydream about staying home and getting paid for it, winning the lotto, retirement and other fun things like that.  Meanwhile I'll have fun with my coworkers and know that I'm doing the best job I can and be happy that I only work part time.  Most of all, I'll look forward to that winter vacation that is only a couple months away!  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel like I need a vacation the most right after I just had one. Quarterly vacations are the best way to go.

    ReplyDelete