Monday, October 7, 2013

Ghost Hunters

I have a fascination with ghosts.  I've watched many ghost hunting shows but the only one that holds my attention is Ghost Hunters.  I've watched it practically from the start.  The cast is serious, when it comes to proving or disproving that a site is haunted.
I love the way the cast interacts with each other.  They have fun but get the job done.  The only thing I wish is that they would spend more than a few hours at a site.
 I've often thought it would be fun to go with them on location, but I'm not really sure if I could make it through an investigation without something truly humiliating happening to me and I'm not talking about screaming.  I would probably need a Depends.
I don't know where this ghost fascination came from because I'm one of the biggest chickens around.  I scare myself all of the time just thinking of scary scenarios.  I don't actually know if I want to see a ghost myself or just see some definite proof of one.  Would I even believe it if I did see one myself or think it was just a flash of light reflecting off of my glasses?
Getting back to the show Ghost Hunters, I think they've shown some proof of it in several of their episodes.  Spine tingling video footage or creepy voices or worse yet the screams or moans.  I shiver just thinking of them.  That episode at the lighthouse where the apparition looks down on them over the railing!  Or the one where a shadow figure seemed to dart back and forth behind a pool table...there's something about those fast moving shadows that really scares the heck outta me!  YIKES!!!
Yes, there are doubters who think that they fake those things to keep people interested in the show, BUT if they are faking why are there some really dull episodes where they don't even have many experiences at all?

I like the show because everyone works together.  There are no grand standers like Zak on Ghost Adventures.  I really like Nick and Aaron but Zak is a camera hog and I've stopped watching the show because of him.  That's too bad because I did get some laughs out of some of their antics, especially Aaron, but I can only stand so much of Zak and I think I've reached my limit.

That brings me to the show that started my love of ghost hunting.  Most Haunted was a British ghost hunting show.   I must say I looked forward to all of the episodes for a while but the repetition made me weary. Yvette Fielding would be screaming about something whispering in her ear.  Derek, one of the psychics they used, was always becoming possessed, complete with creepy or weird voices.  They had lots of seances with everyone getting chills or touched and the women sometimes getting hysterical.  So when Ghost Hunters started I eagerly latched onto it and have never been disappointed.
Even when they don't really find anything, that I would call substantial, the show is still entertaining.  The pairing up of Steve and Tango always makes me laugh!  When Grant left the show I was seriously worried that it wouldn't be the same, but it is just as good if not better, although I do miss Grant!  I like the format they have now and they seem to have more episodes and less downtime.

So, if I want to do some ghost hunting you'll find me in my comfy recliner watching an episode of Ghost Hunters.  I still get the chills and thrills without the humiliation.

 New episodes start Wednesday October 9th!  Yay!

http://www.syfy.com/ghosthunters/

2 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated with the idea of ghosts too. I would like to see something, just to prove it to myself, but at the same time, I don't know if I would like seeing something. It would have to be something substantial or else I would just debunk it and not believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to explore some haunted locations in Washington!

    ReplyDelete