Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Love Netflix!

Several years ago, when my oldest daughter was in college, she joined Netflix.  Well, she joined and we footed the bill, as with most things while my kids were in college.  She really enjoyed it and it served it's purpose in keeping her entertained, as well as providing her with some hard to find movies she needed to view for a class.

When she came home for the summer her subscription came with her and we all enjoyed the benefits of Netflix, so much so that I joined in the fall when she went back to school.  Since that time my whole family has taken advantage of the many wonders of Netflix and I've saved a lot of money.

Now when a movie comes out in the theater, we think "Is that something I can't wait to see or can it wait until it comes out on Netflix?"  More and more we wait.  That saves me a lot of money in the long run, since a family trip to the theater anymore can cost me at least $40 -$50 between admission and snacks and that's during matinee pricing.  When we watch that movie at home and it's a dud, we end up saying "I'm glad I didn't pay to go to the theater for that!"  I feel even happier.

I don't buy nearly as many DVD's as I used to, saving space in my home and money.

I've watched many TV series that I didn't think I'd like when they were on TV and ended up watching every episode, in order and loved every minute of it!  Shows like Monk and Numbers  or a British detective series called New Tricks.

I've caught up on series that are still currently on TV that I didn't start watching, when they first came out for one reason or another.  Shows like Rizzoli and Isles, Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, The Mentalist and the list goes on.  I actually get a little obsessed with catching up on those series.  Sometimes watching 2 or 3 or 4 episodes in a day.  No wonder I could hardly get out of my recliner!

My husband direct streams his favorite TV episodes and watches strange movies that don't look very good to me but he enjoys, on his computer.

I enjoy sharing my favorite shows and movies with my Netflix watching friends and hearing what they've enjoyed, so I can add that to my queue for future entertainment.

Overall I think that the years I've invested in Netflix, have really paid off.  Even when the price raised, I'm still saving money.  I receive, watch and return multiple DVD's during a week.  So for a little more than the price of one DVD my family and I have hours of entertainment each month.  I consider that a very good deal!



2 comments:

  1. I agree! Netflix has a significantly better selection than Amazon Prime. I put together a list of every film that has rated over 80% on Rotten Tomatoes with at least 100 reviews and I've found most of them through Netflix streaming. I should write a blog post about how much I like making lists...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should blog on lots of things! There are a lot of subjects you can blog on besides trips. :o)

    ReplyDelete