Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Favorite Finds Part 1

I love to shop, especially when I get a good deal and find something I end up loving.  Here are a few of my favorite items that I've found and love in the past year.  I'm sure that there will be more things that I find and I'll share them in later posts.



This is the front of my Duraflame electric stove heater.  It is fantastic!  My Mom had one that I had admired, so when I saw it on sale on QVC as a TSV I had to order it!  I used it all last winter and it saved me approximately $40 a month on my electric bill, which is fantastic!  My electric furnace is not very good at all and we tend to heat with a woodstove, but my living room always seems to be cold.  This little heater was the perfect solution to that.  I turn it on high and watch the LED flames flicker and it heats my room right up.  I would and have recommend this to anyone!  I tried to get a good picture of the embers glowing and the color of the flames in the background, but the pictures just didn't show up right.

This chair massager from HoMedics is great!  As someone that tends to have a lot of backaches I find this works fantastically.  It has shiatsu and rolling massage options as well as heat.  You can choose whether you want it to stay in one position or roll up and down your whole back.  I can't really remember where I ordered this from but am pretty sure it was one of my QVC finds.  I've also seen similar models at Costco.  It is well worth the price and so far has held up really well.  I've been using it for at least a year now.

This is one of a set of 2 Berkshire soft fluffy throws I ordered from QVC.   Another great find, that I can't get enough of.  This throw is so light and fluffy and warm.  I love cuddling up in it while I watch my favorite shows.  It is so soft!  They wash up really well and stay nice and soft even after multiple washings.  This is also a great gift.  My daughter got one last year for Christmas and after I felt it I had to have one too!

I've mentioned before how one of my favorite things is an olive and feta mix that you can find at the Safeway deli.  When I saw this Greek Olive Salad at my local Costco I had to stock up!  First of all the price was considerably less than the deli mix and it not only had olives and feta it had pepperoncini and lemon slices in it!  Two other items that I really love!  Yum!  The only downfall was I didn't think it had quite enough feta in it but it's still very tasty and you can always add more feta if you want.

I have always loved chocolate covered caramels and when you add sea salt to the mix it goes over the top!  Imagine my joy when I found these little gems at Costco.  The price was very good, under $10 and there are plenty of caramels in the tub.  Enough to share, if you want.  I have one or two a day and enjoy every delicious chocolatey, caramelly salty bite!  Mmmm Mmmm
Last but definitely not least is this company.  After you eat too many salted chocolate covered caramels, you will need to wear larger clothes.  It's hard to find decent very large sized clothes in the shops near where I live.  I found this company online and started ordering clothes from them.  They fit well, wear well and look nice.  The prices aren't bad, they have a large selection and they usually have some good deals.  Now I can find jeans that are long enough and tops that cover my fat.  No, they don't hide it but they do cover it!  One day I truly hope to lose all my extra weight, but until that day comes it's nice to know I have some clothing options.

That's it for this round of my favorite finds.  I'll be scoping out some new ones to bring to you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment